Download the Tobacco Flavorings Fact Sheet
- 90% of smokers start by age 18. 
- In 2014, 70% of teenagers who used tobacco reported using a flavored product within the past 30 days. 
- Cheap candy and fruit flavored cigarillos are often packaged and sold in kid-friendly flavors like fruit punch and watermelon, and placed next to candy displays to entice kids to start smoking.
- Teens in Philadelphia are now more likely to smoke cigars than cigarettes. From 2011 to 2015, while cigarette use declined from 9.6% to 7.2%, cigar use rose from 6.0% to 10.5%, and nearly tripled among black youth (from 4.5% to 11.9%). 
- A 2013 study showed that stores in majority black neighborhoods in Philadelphia were 74% more likely to have tobacco ads near children’s products. 
It’s time to Break The Cycle of tobacco use. We have the power, Philly!